Registrations Open: Now
Fundraising Open: Now
The ASICS Greater Manchester Marathon is the flattest, fastest & friendliest UK marathon and will be held on the 10th April, 2016. Below are some resources to help your organisation recruit, engage and activate supporters for this incredible event where, in 2015 alone, 26% of runners ran for charity raising a staggering £1.7 million.
We have put together an email that you can send to your fundraisers to ask them to participate in the ASICS Greater Manchester Marathon and raise money for your charity! Just click the buttons below to choose either our Responsive HTML Email or Text Email that you can drop into your own template.
Sample Social Media
Below are social media posts that you can use, or change, of promotion of the event and your charity!
- @Marathon_MCR is the fastest and flattest #marathon in the UK. Register now and create your @everydayheroUK page to fundraise for us! With everydayhero you could win top-up donations, gift cards and even a fitness tracker! [link to your everydayhero page]
- Run for us at the Greater Manchester Marathon! You can help (make a difference which is unique to your charity). Fundraise on everydayhero UK and you could be in with a chance of winning some great prizes too! [Link to your everydayhero page]
- Looking for a running event in April? Why not run for us at the Manchester Marathon! It’s the fastest, friendliest and flattest marathon in the UK. Register now and sign up to @everydayheroUK to start your fundraising! [Link to GMM page / Your everydayhero Page]
- Have you said Thank You to all of your kind sponsors on your Greater Manchester Marathon page? @everydayheroUK has found out that if you do, you are likely to raise 80% more! [http://blog.everydayhero.com/uk/10-tips-to-help-you-reach-your-fundraising-goal/]
- Running @Marathon_MCR? Remember to set up your @everydayheroUK page! You can win some great prizes & make a difference for us! [Link to your everydayhero page]
- .@everydayheroUK are running some great competitions for fundraisers who are running in the Manchester Marathon! If you’re running and not #fundraising then sign up now! [Link to your everydayhero Page]
- Donate to yourself during your fundraising for the Greater Manchester Marathon! It shows your supporters that you care about us and is likely to increase their generosity! [link to your everydayhero page]
- When sharing your everydayhero page for the Greater Manchester Marathon remember to include your target! [Link to everydayhero page]
Event Imagery & Logos
To help with any media that you’re looking to produce on your own, we have organised some event images, logos and more. See below for:
- Race Logo: Download the Race Logo Here
- Race Images:
How-to guide: set up a Manchester Marathon supporter page
Setting up an online supporter page is easy – after registration, your supporters can fundraise for you by:
Step 1: Register as an event participant online at the Greater Manchester Marathon official website.
Step 2: On the confirmation page or email, participants will be prompted to create their everydayhero fundraising page.
Step 3: They will be prompted to personalise their page with a profile photo and tell everyone why they’re supporting you as their chosen charity.
Step 4: Ask them to share their unique supporter page link with family, friends and colleagues via email and social media.
Asking your supporters to compete for you
It’s easy to make the most of the event opportunity. It all begins with asking your supporters to take part and support you by giving their effort and time. Make sure you ask:
- Past supporters who have run, walked, ridden or swam for you previously
- Both your one off and regular donors, by offering them another way they can support you with their effort
- Your volunteers
- Your charity’s staff
We have email templates to help you ask your supporters to compete, which you can download below.
Setting up a charity team
Setting up a fundraising team is a great way to build a sense of community for all your supporters in this event. Download this guide to learn how to create a charity team for the ASICS Greater Manchester Marathon.
Once you’ve created your charity team, make sure you invite anyone supporting you in the event to join.
Encouraging your runners
Download email templates which will help you encourage and motivate your runners to raise more for you
We have created a programme of competitions to boost your supporters fundraising through their journey to the event.
Enter Now – Get Connected!
To enter into our current competition, all you have to do is connect your everydayhero page to your MapMyFitness or Strava account. All fundraisers who connect will be entered into a random draw to win an ASICS Unisex Race Watch. The winner will be announced via social media on 9 February.
2 months out – Share and show you care!
8 weeks out from the event we want you to share your page! The top 3 sharing fundraisers will win a £50 Gift card provided by one of our partners. The competition is simple; share your page the most and you will win! It’s as easy as that.
1 mouth out – Raise £100, win £50 donation!
4 weeks out from the event we are encouraging fundraisers to raise £100! Raising £100 shows your potential donors that you are serious about fundraising. It also shows us that you have put in a lot of effort and we’d like to reward that. So, all fundraisers who raise over £100 will be entered into a draw to win a £50 top-up donation from everydayhero.
Final call – Raise £250, win a hero medal.
One of the best parts about finishing any race is the cool medal you get at the end, it provides a sense of achievement and a memory of what was a great day. We would like to replicate that and reward all fundraisers who raise over £250. everydayhero fundraisers who break the £250 barrier will be sent a hero medal, as a memory of their fantastic fundraising efforts!
Supporter engagement & activation
everydayhero recommends that you engage with your supporters by encouraging and thanking them for fundraising for your charity as part of their participation in the Greater Manchester Marathon. To learn more about the services everydayhero offers to help you acquire & activate fundraisers and convert past donors, get in touch online.